6.09.2017

Suffer On Jesus





In the middle of the night I awakened with the phrase “Suffer on Lord Jesus” repeatedly playing in my mind. I had been going through some difficult things recently and I felt that the Lord was telling me to literally lean on him through my suffering.
Unfortunately, we are not promised that we will never suffer in this life. In fact John 16:33 says “ These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

A lot of times we feel like we go through things alone, and sometimes we may even push God aside or blame God or question, doubt or feel like God is really far away, but the desire and heart of Jesus is for us to come to Him as a relief from our suffering.

 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light"

To take Christ’s yoke means to submit to Him. In order to find the rest Jesus is talking about, we have to turn from whatever we are presently depending on to completely depending upon Him. When we are yoked with Jesus, He bears the load for us.
Psalm 91:4: He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

We must keep our eyes focused on Him, and the truth of His word.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burdens on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

If we will fully submit and yield our lives to him, he will always be there beside us pulling the weight for us. The only time the load becomes seemingly too much to bear is when we take our eyes off of Him and try to handle the load ourselves.
Many of us have responded to Him as our Savior, but we have not fully submitted to Him as our Lord. When He seeks to slip the yoke around our necks to join Him, we resist, refusing to listen and truly submit to His Word and acknowledge His authority.

God wants us to trust in His gentleness and goodness.
Suffering is not enjoyable for anyone, but no one is exempt from it. Every single person goes through trials. But, In suffering we come to hope more fully in God and put less confidence in the things of the world. That is his will for us. And through our suffering we will benefit from a deeper relationship with Him as we learn to lean on Him alone. It’s in those times that our relationship with Him becomes less formal and artificial and more personal, real, intimate, and deep.

I can honestly say that as I reached my breaking point, my suffering became the beginning of the most beautiful relationship with Jesus. I read a quote that I really liked that says. “Something very beautiful happens to people when their worlds fallen apart: a humility, a nobility, a higher intelligence emerges at just the point when our knees hit the floor.”

If it wasn’t for my suffering, I would never have the beautiful fellowship that I have with the Lord today.
Its only in a battle that true strength and courage of a believer is revealed. Faith is not faith until it has been tested. But those who draw near to God in times of trial will find that they cannot leave his presence without receiving his strength.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Forgive Yourself

Many people struggle with the shame of sins from the past. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to ...